Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Need a new camera :(

Sadly, I have lost my digital camera. I had it in the car on the way to the beach, and it has not been seen since. So I am in the market for a new one.

I had a Canon PowerShot SD600 and overall, I liked it. My two complaints were that sometimes, especially in low light, my photos would be blurry. Also, the video was of pretty low quality.

So I thought I would try something different, and bought a Samsung L830. And it is going straight back. It is SO slow. The shutter lag is killing me. It takes 3-5 seconds after I take a photo till it is ready to take another. That totally doesn't cut it with kids. I didn't realize how fast the PowerShot is. Mags smiles, I click, the screen goes black, and 3 seconds later a photo pops up with her finger in her nose. This Samsung takes great photos, like the ones below, but that lag time is non-negotiable.

I almost bought the Sony Cybershot but chose the Samsung because it was $50 less. (And the Samsung is red, which might help me keep track of it.) Reviews for the Cybershot tend to say the same thing - fast, but noisy photos in low light.

I might just end up back with the Canon.

If anyone has any recommendations for a good camera for $200 or less, please let me know.

Thanks,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...