Friday, December 7, 2007

SOUPTACULAR

It's A Soup-Tacular!

BooMama had the idea of the century to have a Souptacular today. I am so so so excited!! I LOVE soup. Love it love it love it LOVE IT! After today this here family may eat nothing but soup till Jesus comes again.

It is supposed to shoot back up to 80 degrees today, so we will just pretend it's soup weather. Out of simpatico for the sisters who don't live in a swamp.

Here is my recipe, and then you can go to BooMama and get about a million more.

I've Got a Hankerin for Some Texas Taco Soup

2 lbs ground meat (I use turkey)
1 chopped onion
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilis
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can hominy (drained)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can beef broth

Brown the meat and onion. Add the packets. Dump in all the cans with their liquids. Do not add water. Simmer 30 min and serve with Fritos and grated Monterey Jack cheese (that's why I use the lowfat ground turkey - to compensate for the Fritos and cheese.)

This is already a hall of famer in my extended family. It can be very addicting. If you have kiddos, do about half the Rotel and skip the chilis. And cry at the loss. Better yet, give them PB&J and enjoy it the way God intended you to.

I think the secret to this is the Ranch dressing, so whatever you do, don't skip that!

.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...