Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Will you Mary me, I mean, Joseph me, I mean...

.
Eva Rose is sweet on her first boy. His name is Connor. He is her big brother's best friend, which is exactly the kind of thing we want to encourage, because we want the boys she likes to be very, very close to her big brother, who will ideally have a black belt in karate.

I have been a little suspicious there was a little crush a brewing because all week she has said, "Mom, Connor called me a quack-quack, tee hee hee. Dat's so funny Mom," and then she would look away dreamily. Today she saw him in the hallway at preschool and said, "Oh! I have to tell Connor Merry Kwismas! Connor. Connor! CON! NOR!!!! Merry Kwismas, Connor. Tee hee hee hee hee."

So this afternoon I asked her if she liked Connor. Affirmative tee hee hee. Do you love Connor? Affirmative. Do you want to marry Connor? And this was her reply (get your thinking caps on for this one):

"I don't want to marry Connor. I want to Joseph him."
Pardon?
"Mary is a girl. I am a girl. Joseph is a boy. I don't want to Mary Connor, I want to Joseph him. Cuz I'm a girl, Mommy. And Connor is a boy."

Any boy would be fortunate to Mary her. And, probably occasionally confused.

10 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS!!! That's all I can say to that. Precious.

    By the way, have been praying for the twins and family today. You'll keep us updated, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is about the cutest thing I have ever heard! Oh the minds of little ones and how they work. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is so cute! Just love that little story about my precious niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is hysterical!

    I'm going to be giggling for the next few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that is just so sweet! Please give her a kiss for me, and let her know she's a lovely young lady, and truly a Princess of Heaven.

    fondly,
    Trish
    etrish.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... How cute is that?!?!! So glad you recorded this one as it will truly be a classic to remember in years to come!!

    Thanks for your recent visit and comment at My Quiet Corner!! It was a pleasure having you! Please know you are welcome to stop by anytime!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That story plus that face = sweet overload! Why can't my kids be precious like that??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Linda, Zoe is the cutest and so clever! And will stay little forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cute - and funny ! Kids are so funny thats why we keep them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Let's be friends!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...