Monday, December 17, 2007

Yummmy

Last night, the husband asked what was for dinner. My reply of "I dunno. Cereal?" was met with "Please, for the love of all that is pure and holy, PLEASE do not make me eat cereal for dinner again!" And it dawned on me, yeah. It's been a Special K Christmas. Between me being gone several nights and too exhausted the others, I have not spent too much time at the stove. So out of guilt sauteed with love, I cooked tonight. And wowsa, it was good!!

This is a tweaked recipe from Cooks.com, which is probably my favorite cooking website. No matter how bare your cupboard is, Cooks.com will come to the rescue. I kid you not, I just entered Ketchup, Yogurt, and Ramen and their search engine and two recipes came up! I had some Italian sausage in the freezer that needed to be used, and I always have tomatoes in every way shape and form in my cupboard, so here is the result from the Italian sausage search.

If I blog it, I might actually remember it, so here goes. I shall christen this Shep's Pasta Sauce because he loved it so much, he quizzed me in detail on how I made it. Soon, grasshopper, soon.

Shep's Crockpot Pasta Sauce

1 package turkey Italian sausage
1 onion chopped
lotsa garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 T. Italian seasoning or to taste
salt & pepper to taste
red pepper flakes (it's a Texas thing - you can skip this if you are wimpy not a Texan)

Nuke the sausage (8 minutes) and cut into bite size pieces. Pour the oil, onions and garlic in the crockpot on high and let it cook till the onions are clear. Dump all the rest in and cook on high 4-6 hours.

Presto yummo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...