Monday, January 28, 2008

Me me me me meme

Linda at 2nd Cup tagged me. It is SO HARD for me to go on and on about myself...but I'll give it a shot, for the sake of art.

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.


Missy Quirks

1) I love Judge Judy. It just might be my favorite show. I think it is a fascinating sociological study and I have learned so, so much about how people with absolutely no values live and seek revenge on each other. I think I started watching it when Shep was a newborn so now it has the comforting element to it. After Walker gets home, my favorite way to de-stress is to watch it all alone and sometimes fall asleep to it. Certain programs become like comfort food to me - the summer between my sophomore and junior year of college, my boyfriend broke my heart into 48,763 pieces and I made a whole videotape of Bewitched and laid on my mom's couch in a depressed stupor all summer, watching Samantha twitch her nose. The black and white ones only. Made me feel better.

2) I always sit down in the shower (that was Walker's contribution). I mean, why stand when you can sit? He also added "You eat like a dude" but I am not counting that. He also said I am a clutter fiend and I leave a Missy trail throughout the whole house. And that I don't like Stevie Wonder. Ok, ok, sorry I asked.

3) I am the hairiest white girl you have ever seen. I know that may be TMI but I spend so much time, energy and money trying remove or bleach about 75% of the very dark hair on my arms, legs, and face that it is a little bit of a career. And boy, did pregnancy have a field day with that predisposition. I keep my tweezers in my car (the best light) and at every stoplight I flip down my mirror and get to plucking. You can tell how much I have gotten out of the house by the state of my unibrow and, er, mis-stache.

4) I am a germophobe. Getting married and having kids has changed that a lot, but I am still very upset about the fact that my children were sitting on the grocery store floor today and to be honest, I have been a little lazy about potty training partly because the idea of taking them and their little wandering hands into public restrooms makes me break out in a cold sweat. The only public potty I sit on without putting TP down is at church, because I consider that as a sign of faith. Jesus will protect me from the potty germs on consecrated ground. I cannot go to bed without a shower and every night when I get in bed I ask my husband if he has brushed his teeth. It really, really, really annoys him.

5) I take about 15-20 vitamins and natural supplements every night. This shocks even me.

6) I have a brother named Jay who is a blues guitarist. If you know blues guitarists, you probably know who he is. In that genre, he is slightly famous.

Really, I could go on and on, but it only asked for six.

Ok, the tag-ees are:

Megan at Sorta Crunchy
LeeAnn at Frazzmom
Dierdre at Scream of Continuousness
Jodie at The Sky is Only Dark Between the Stars
Tricia at House of Horne
Jamison AND Andy at The Bloggertons

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...