Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sabbath

This is what Shep made in children's church this morning:



I asked him, What's up with the hippie dude playing the bongos? Shep told me it was Jesus, and he was not playing the bongos, he was turning water into wine. Ohhhhhh. Cuz I was pretty sure I had seen this guy on the West Mall back in my University of Texas days. My bad.

At the top of our bulletin was a quote from Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471) that I thought was beautiful and very convicting:

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be,
since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Shot to the heart.

Here is another quote from Tom I found online:

First keep the peace within yourself,
then you can also bring peace to others.

and this

Never be entirely idle; but either be reading, or writing,
or praying or meditating or endeavoring something for the public good.

Or blogging, Thomas. You forgot to mention blogging. For the public good!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...