Thursday, February 7, 2008

Two more winners

It has been cold here in the Republic. I mean, yesterday morning it was down to 40, y'all. I was shivering.

Coldness combined with a big dose of laziness makes the crockpot my best friend. I have tried two new recipes lately and they have both been big winners. A girl must share.

I love the crockpot because it is kinda hard to mess things up, as your culinary skills will be taxed only to the extent that you can open up a can and dump it in the crockpot. Anyone can make them come out yummy. :)

I found this one on the Internet. It's way good.

Mediterranean Chicken

4oz sundried tomatoes (not oil packed) (a big ole bag at Costco is $8 - I use way more than 4oz)
4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2/3 cup chicken broth
3 cups sliced mushrooms (I used 3 small cans)
1 chopped onion
2oz can sliced black olives, drained (optional. I was out of olives so I used capers)
basil, salt, pepper, paprika to taste

Slice tomatoes into julienned strips (or let Costco do it for you!). Cook on high 4 hrs or low 8 hours. Serve over couscous, polenta or rice - but the couscous is the best.

#2

Easy Italian Chicken

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can chopped olives
1 jar Ragu
4+ Frozen chicken breasts
Italian seasonings, salt & pepper

Dump it all in and cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours & serve over pasta. Does it get any easier?? This one is good - not company good, but definitely good and so easy and husband/kid friendly.

Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...