Monday, March 31, 2008

Scenes from the ranch


The party went great. So, so many little kidlets. We were the first in our group of friends to have babies, so it has taken four years for everyone else to catch up. They all got to play in our wonderful new backyard, which I will post more about later.


About the time everyone was due to get here it occurred to me that I have nothing in my wardrobe even slightly resembling Western attire. So I ended up wearing the same sweaty thing I had worn to run all the last minute errands in. You will notice that it is almost the exact same outfit as my friend Jen:


The difference? Jen IS pregnant. Sigh.

Anyway Ike had a good time. He spent the majority of the party playing with his balloon.


The fact that at almost one he can pull an eight foot string toward him hand over fist in order to grasp the balloon at the end of it is a sign of brilliance, don't you agree?

Granddaddy made an awesome brisket

He loved, loved, loved his cake


As did Maggie, who spent much of the party dipping her chip in it

He hauled in some cowboy loot, including quite a few diapers (THANK YOU!)


The weather was nice, the proposed rain held off, and everyone had a great time.


And I still have a mess to go clean up! And lots of thank you notes to write! So I am off. Here are some more photos.


This week I will write the story of Ingram's birthday and how he scared us to death. He is a little blessing who is much appreciated. We celebrate his life in a very special way. Thank you God for sweet baby Ike!

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...