Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kid Food Winner

As an addendum to the Kid Food post, I have to share that I made this last night and it was way yummy. Like, I couldn't stop sneaking bites yummy. It's a keeper.

I got this from Kraft Food & Family Magazine, which you can get by subscribing here. This is a great free magazine that comes every couple of months and is full of tons of kid friendly recipes. Everything I have tried in it has been quick and easy and good.

So here is my tweaked version of Pizza Mac & Cheese:

1.5 cup pizza sauce or pasta sauce
1 package mac & cheese, prepared (I used the big family box, minus a cup or so cooked)
1 lb ground meat, browned
1 egg lightly beaten
basil to taste
garlic powder to taste
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Combine the m&c, 2/3 of the meat, 1 cup pasta sauce, egg and seasonings in a Corning ware dish. Sprinkle with the remaining meat, pasta sauce, and cheese. Bake 15 minutes.



post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...