Monday, May 19, 2008

My Man




Mommy of 5 (what kind of crazy lady has five kids? Don't you know where babies come from?) tagged me a while back with this one...and since Kelly tagged me again today, I better do this one first! I like this one because it is not about me. Because I hate talking about myself (bahahahahaha)

Game of Tag...All About My Man

1. Who is your man? Walker

2. How long have you been together? it will be six years in November

3. How long dated? About two days before we got engaged. I was dating another guy for almost 8 months tho, does that count?

4. How old is your man? oh, gosh, let me do the math....carry the one....he is almost 35. Yeah, that's right, because we are planning a BIG karaoke party in September! Whoo hoo!

5. Who eats more? me

6. Who said "I love you" first? He did. I had a boyfriend, remember?

7. Who is taller? He is, which is a good thing since I am 5'1. And yet I eat more.

8. Who sings better? Ok, we'll have to take this one out by the bike racks. I say me. He would snicker and roll his eyes and guffaw, he would guffaw y'all. But I do. I mean, you heard me! I do! Ok, so, we both try and we are both rather mediocre. He can beatbox though, and I am astounded and amazed and fall in love all over again every time he does. I mean that. And now Shep beatboxes too so he can impress the la-dies just like his daddy does.

9. Who is smarter? Huh. WELL. Ok, he is smarter than I am. Not by MUCH, mind you. And I mainly say that because he can do math - deep, hard math like, long division that only smart people can do. But when it comes to common sense, I win.

10. Whose temper is worse? Oh, I win this one, hands down. Yea me.

11. Who does the laundry? me

12. Who takes out the garbage? He will if I ask him to.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Can I say that, recently, we have offset the kilter of the universe because we switched sides. I am now on the right side. We like to keep it exciting ;)

14. Who pays the bills? Him. I tried it once and ended up pulling my hair out and stressing and crying and worrying and so he took it back over as an act of mercy.

15. Who is better with the computer? We are kinda tied - but he can fix it better. But I can break it better. So there.

16. Who mows the lawn? That would be Rafael.

17. Who cooks dinner? That would be Matilda. Ha! Just joking. I do. But Rafael does mow the yard. It's Texas, y'all. No one in Texas mows their own yard. It's like, rude. And hot. It's really really hot.

18. Who drives when you are together? We always try to get the other one to drive. I usually claim bad night vision and win.

19. Who pays when you go out? well, technically, we both do...but as far as signing the credit card, Walker does.

20. Who is most stubborn? I win this one too. Go Mis.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Oh, I think we both do. He is great at it, and I have gotten much much better.

22. Whose parents do you see the most? my mom, but we see his a lot too

23. Who kissed who first? He did. He definitely made the first pass at me by telling me if I didn't have a boyfriend he would kiss me. And then I moved to the other end of the couch. And then he apologized and turned very red and left because he was so embarrassed and thought he had offended me, but the truth was I had to move because if I didn't, I knew I would kiss him because I was dying to kiss him, but I did have that dang boyfriend after all. And then he sent me an email saying that we better not see each other alone again. And then I had to orchestrate this big dinner with all our friends just so I could see him again. And then he came to my house (alone) afterwards and didn't "officially" kiss me again.

In retrospect, I should have just kissed him on the couch, right?

Ok, now I am trying to remember - did I wait till I broke up with the boyfriend before I kissed him? I know I did. Because I was a Fine Upstanding Girlfriend. Mostly. But he had already told me to break up with boyfriend and marry him. So technically, he proposed before we had ever kissed or he had ever said I love you. Because we are all old fashioned and proper like that.

24. Who asked who out? Um. Well. We never went on a date until we were engaged, so that's a toughie.

25. Who proposed? Hello! Please! Like I would propose. Come on. I had a boyfriend.

26. Who is more sensitive? well, me, because I am the Amazing Hormone. Able to go from giddy to inconsolable in a single bound. But he is too, which I forget sometimes.

27. Who has more friends? We both have lots of friends. Some folks collect Precious Moments figurines, we collect people. Especially funny people. In fact, almost exclusively funny people. If you know us, that means you make us laugh. Yea you!

28. Who has more siblings? He does, he has a sister and a brother.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? He absolutely does, because he has the last say on any matter. But 80% of the time he defers to me. Cause I'm the Momma.

Ok, I am tagging Jenny, Kelly, Kelley and Deirdre.

(for those of you who asked - the long story short of our bizarre courtship can be found here.)

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...