Monday, July 14, 2008

Small Brains

Heard a story on NPR yesterday that brought back a memory.
(You can listen to it here if you want. It was called Big Thoughts, Small Brains.)

The scene: in a car on I-45 in Houston, circa 1992
The characters: Missy and her best friend from high school, Tony

Missy: You know, I always see the sign for Frontage Road [pronounced Fron-TAJ, like it's French.] I see it every where.
It must be one really long road. And they have one in Austin too.

(awkward pause)
(side glance from Tony to see if I am for real)
(concerned look as he determines that I am)

Tony: Um, Missy, that's, like, frontage road, like, the feeder road, to the freeway...

Missy: OHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Oh.
(covers face)

(Tony collapses into giggles.)


post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...