Thursday, August 14, 2008

Circle

It is with great happiness that I announce the birth of my niece, Mary Ellen, who was born to Sean and Stephanie yesterday.

And it is with equal sadness that I announce that another Stephanie is dancing in Heaven with Jesus today, just as she longed to do. Please keep her husband, David, her 9 year old twins Chase and Clare and the rest of her family in your prayers, including my dear friend Carol.

The contrast is just so striking, isn't it? As Mary Ellen enters the world with her fresh, new body, Stephanie rises on wings to leave her corroded, infested body behind.

After I received the email I have been dreading this morning. Shepherd, my sweet son, gave me the gospel. "Why are you crying Mommy? She's in heaven with Jesus. She'll get a new body now. We'll see her again in heaven. So why are you sad?"

Amen, and amen.



post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...