Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fat

I don't know if it is just Old Navy. Well, okay, it is partially Old Navy. But it's not completely Old Navy.

But I know - you agree with me, right? - that Old Navy is sized small. Because I am still a medium almost every where else on the planet.

Except Old Navy.

Which means when I take a bunch of clothes into Old Navy and try them on I get veeeery cranky, and it is not just because my child keeps opening the dressing room door. Its because when I put on yoga pants and look at my butt in the mirror I gasp.

I gasp.

Either way. Four babies. Old age. Blah, blah blah, blah blah.

I'm just fat y'all. No, I'm not like, humongous. But I am very short, so, I get extra fat points for that. And no, I don't look just awful. It is more than my clothes don't fit anymore, and instead of buying stuff I like, I buy stuff that camoflauges. And the muffin top - oh, the muffin top.

I don't even know how many pounds I need to lose, I am guessing around 15. But that has all happened in the past 5 years. Which means in another five years it will be thirty.

Sigh.

And I am tired of being in denial, or trying to tell myself that I still look pretty good for my age, or that I have had four kids, what did I expect.

I'm just tired of getting depressed in dressing rooms.

So.

October 12.

The life change begins today. Diet, and oh. Freaking exercise. Yes, I am going to actually use my Y membership that we pay for every month.

Why am I telling y'all all this? For accountability, of course.

I am shamelessly using you to hold me accountable.

October 12. A big day. A whole new world yadda yadda.

I guess I should feel inspired but wow, am I just grouchy.

UPDATE:
Ok, so. Several of y'all have said you feel the same way.
I would really like to get in shape before the holidays so that I can enjoy myself and not put on another five pounds.
Who wants to do this with me? Leave me a comment and we will figure it out.


post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...