Friday, October 24, 2008

How I swung a date night

Several of you said you wanted to hear more about the date night so here is how it came about.

Couple of nights ago, Walker and I were lying in bed. And our conversation went like this:

Me: I feel like we are disconnected. I feel like we haven't been communicating lately. I feel like you come home and we deal with kids and then we do our own thing and just go to bed. I think we need to really make a concerted effort to go on regular date nights or something.
Walker: Really?
Me: Yes. I feel so distant. I feel like I don't know what is going on in your life.
Walker: That's funny, because I don't feel that way about you at all.
Me: (slightly defensive.) Oh really. You feel like you know all about my life, huh?
Walker: Yup.
Me: Then what's going on with me?
Walker: You feel like you are finally recovering from the hurricane but you still feel overwhelmed. Your hormones are driving you crazy and you need to find out why. You're doing a fat thing on your blog. You really like the book you are reading. You are starting to think you want another baby because you keep mentioning baby names you like. And you like your bible study a lot.
Me: Oh.
Walker: Am I right? Did I miss anything?
Me: Huh. Okay. Hm. I guess you do know. Ok, well, good night.
Walker: But if you feel like we need to go on a date, we can go on a date.
Me: Tee hee hee.

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...