Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WFMW - Snacktime


In a home with four pre-schoolers, someone is always asking for something to eat. If I had a dime for every time I hear "Mom I'm hungry" in any given day I would gross about $474.50 a year. Which would be a nice little Christmas bonus, come to think of it.

And if I gave my kids food every time I heard them say it, we would be invited to go on Honey, We're Killing the Kids, which has never been one of my top maternal goals.

Therefore, snacks are very structured in this home. We eat snack at 10am and 3pm. Period. Hungry whining - which often commences about five minutes following completion of any regular meal - is met with, Snack is at 10am or 3pm. Until then you may have a glass of water. Occasionally followed up with an, I'm terribly sorry you didn't eat all your oatmeal at breakfast. Perhaps if you hadn't wasted it, you wouldn't be so hungry now. Tsk tsk.

I know. I'm so hard core.

Once the clock strikes snack, the children open the refrigerator and help themselves to the Kids' Snack Drawer - it actually has a label - which is full of self-sufficient healthy snacks such as yogurt, apples, pears, string cheese, and unsweetened applesauce, or if GG has visited recently, pudding cups chock full of sugar, dyes and delicious chemicals. All three of the kids then get their own spoons, fill up their own cups with their own water, and sit at the table to feed their own selves. Thereby enabling me to remain seated on the couch popping my bonbons whilst watching Judge Judy. Or whatever it is I do all day.

Works for me.

More WFMW at Rocks in my Dryer.

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...