Monday, December 1, 2008

Because I have a mountain of laundry and very dry heels

Re: the bloggy makeover: I'm getting there! Got the three columns, got the tabs (oooo, i have been dreaming of tabs), just need to make it purty-er. It takes forEVER to do this stuff. Thanks so much for all your suggestions, especially Brittany who told me about Scrapblog!

And because I have spent all my time on that, and unpacking, and cleaning, and keeping Ike from destroying the house, I am going to do this meme that gets emailed to me every year. And which I fill out every year. Because I was the kid in high school who filled in everyone's SAT applications for them - it's a sickness, but I like to fill out forms.

I want everyone else who considers herself overwhelmed and/or suffering bloggers' block to consider yourself tagged.

RANDOM QUESTIONS REGARDING CHRISTMAS THAT YOU ARE INVITED TO ANSWER EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FORTY OTHER THINGS THAT YOU REALLY SHOULD BE DOING

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? The gift bag is the second greatest Christmas gift.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I like my trees like I like my childbirth - unnatural and lit

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as I can convince my eye-rolling, heavy-sighing husband to haul it all down from the attic

4. When do you take the tree down? Well. Last year it was March 2.


5. Do you like eggnog? During the holidays I typically get really bad sinus infections and lots of crud in my throat. Eggnog resembles that crud, with a dash of nutmeg. (is that a no? or a yes?)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A HUGE Estee Lauder makeup kit when I was 12. With, like 7 different color eye shadows and three shades of blush and six lipsticks...basically, all the mistakes one pre-pubescent girl could ever make, nestled in plastic glory.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband, ironically. So this year we have decided no gifts. In the interest of saving money. Although if he were to buy me a Pedi-Egg, I would take it.


8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids, who have been hoarding Toys R Us circulars and circling their desires for weeks now. It's so thoughtful of them to let me know what to get them. Thirty times an hour.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? About 30 - I collect them. Baby Jesus everywhere.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email?? GASP. That should be illegal.


11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my dad loaded my new stepmother up with diamonds and pearls and gold galore. I got a pair of silver earrings. Took at least a therapy session and a half to work through that one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I wonder if The Real Housewives of Atlanta will do a Christmas special?? Although that reunion special was a little hard to watch. What on earth do those girls husbands/Big Poppas buy them? They have everything! And I thought it was hard to buy for my husband. I bet they don't have a Pedi-Egg though.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Reduce and reuse, baby. I'm so green.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My aunt's dressing and my mom's broccoli rice casserole. OH, and Texas Trash.

16. Lights on the tree? Um. Does anyone really answer no to this question?

17. Favorite Christmas songs? Mary Did you Know. O Come All Ye Faithful. O Come O Come Emmanuel. I cry to all of them.

8.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We spend $1400 on gas to travel inside the Loop.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? You know Dasher and Dancer and Donner and Blitzen, Comet and Cupid and Prancer and Vixen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think I have a bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Family Xmas Eve, Santa/extended family Christmas Day

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Missing parties because we can't find a sitter (hint, hint)

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'm partial to Jesus.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A Pedi-Egg. And, um, world peace and all. World peace and a Pedi-Egg.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...