Wednesday, January 7, 2009

You say you want a resolU-U-tion we-ell you know

I really have not done New Year's Resolutions in the past. I mean, maybe one or two. I think I am just too tired after Christmas to actually think hard and get motivated and I certainly can't recall actually keeping any.

So, for some reason, this year I have been thinking hard about the multitude of ways I want to completely and utterly remake myself in 2009. Extreme Missy Makeover, Home Edition.

If only we can get Ty Pennington to come over and shout "Move! That! Butt!" instead of move that bus.

Excuse me while I camp on that image for a moment.

Okay I'm back. Mostly.

The problem is that it's like January the SEVENTH and I haven't really started any of them yet. I also forgot to make black eyed peas on New Years Day. Add those together and I could get discouraged that 2009 will be the year of the abomination of desolation, but I will not. I will press on. I will survive. Nobody left my cake out in the rain (huh?)

One time I cajoled my boss to pay for me to go see this big ole conference thing where Zig Ziglar was the keynote speaker. Have you ever seen him? Oh, my, he's just great. If T. Boone Pickens went to seminary. Anyway, The only thing I remember from that conference is that he said that if you make a list of goals, and write them down, you have this (insert statistic here) higher chance of actually achieving them.

Well I think if you make your list of resolutions and BLOG about them, then the Blog Fairy Missyposa will guarantee that every stinking one of them is met.


So here goes.

1. Walker and I have declared 2009 The Year of Our Marriage, and that has a list of it's own resolutions that I will include in a separate post.

2. To rebuke the nightowl in me in the name of Sanity and be in bed by 10:30pm, as opposed to 12 or 1am like I usually do.

3. To wake up each morning before the kids and...

4. Read through the bible in a year

5. To keep working out until I no longer feel fat (maybe I'll be hot by the NEXT holidays.)

6. To read and comment on at least three blogs, um. Daily. Yes, daily. But after commenting on 3 to get off the Internet instead of just sitting there until see resolution #2

7. To read Pilgrim's Progress. And consider reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.(How's that for a wimpy resolution? I promise to think about it. Maybe I'll even look for it on Paperback Swap. But don't pin me down to anything more than that.)

8. To again start taking the plethora of vitamins and supplements that I have gotten lazy about taking every night.

That's it. All should be doable.

Really. They should. Doable. Do.Able. Able to be Done. Especially with blessing from the blog fairy!! Right??

A friend of ours Alex posted his on facebook and one was "To finish one book before starting another." I thought that was pretty brilliant, but I am not going to commit. I am just going to think about it. And clap my hands three times, and turn around, and throw some glitter in the air...

So what are yours? And if you posted about it, leave a linklove in the comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...