Thursday, February 5, 2009

And now, a word from our sisters

Love wisdom like a sister; make insight a beloved member of your family.
Proverbs 7:4 (NLT)

My husband gave me a 30 minute extension tonight because we had to run an errand after work. I have like six more minutes until Walker Texas Nazi comes in here and kicks me off.

So this will be brief:

I sat in the shower after I wrote that letter to my 20 year old self and thought, hmmm. I wonder what I would say to me now, in 20 years? The more I thought, the more I got very welly. As in, my eyes were welling with tears.

Because I think my letter would probably go something like this:

Dear Missy,

Turn off the stupid computer and play with your kids. They are going to be grown so quick, you won't even believe. I know it is exhausting now being their everything, but believe me, one day you will miss it. The clock is ticking.

Love, Missy

And so that is what I am trying to do more of.

And that is when I did a cry out to you "older" moms. And I am so excited that so many of you agreed to participate!!

There are a whole lot of mommies out here who are desperate to hear what you have to tell us and so blessed that you are willing to do so.

I myself am a little giddy with anticipation.

So get on with your Titus 2 selves!!

1. Penny (Shep, Eva Rose, Maggie & Ike's Mimi)
2. lisasmith
3. Mocha with Linda
4. 2nd Cup Linda
5. Dena
6. Debbie@Like a Rose
7. Julie
8. Lindsey @ A New Life
9. Pam
10. Cindy-Still His Girl
11. Brenda Susan
12. Nancy

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...