Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Three women down, about a million to go




1. I learned that Google has preference settings.

Did y'all know that? I did not know this. I did not know that you can set your preference to be G rated or X rated.

I found out the yucky way.

2. I learned how to get images of p*rn out of my head.

I found that out the yucky way too.

Here is what happened. I needed a motheryish photo for the mom carnival on Friday. So, around 6am, still half asleep, I googled "women" and hit images.

And oh. Ohhhhhhhhhh. I got me some images all right.

Well, that woke me up before I had even a sip of Folgers.

I assumed we must have a virus. After going here to download several free virus scans, and all of them assuring me that my computer was clean, I did some more googling to the effect of "help disgusting p*rn images are coming up on Google" and that is when I learned about ye old preference button.

It's immediately to the right of the search box. Clicking Preferences will open a list. One category looks like this:

SafeSearch Filtering


Google's SafeSearch blocks web pages containing explicit sexual content from appearing in search results.




click Strict.
Trust me.
Strict strict strict strict strict.

That cleared up the problem with the images appearing on my computer.

Now, if only I could get them out of my head.

For some reason, I have a heart for women who are involved in the sex industry. I know a thing or two about childhood sexual abuse and I believe that if I sat down and had a long talk with an overwhelming majority of these women, my heart would tear in a thousand pieces. So aside from the fact that three images were ingrained in my mind - and they were bad, y'all - I just kept wondering what these women might have endured when they were the same ages as my daughters are now that caused them to be so disrespectful to their own bodies.

The whole thing made me sick to my stomach.

Three hours later, after dropping the kids off at school I still felt that way. Just could not shake those images or that feeling. I sat in my car and prayed that God would take the images away.

He answered. And here is how he did it.

First, after trying all morning to forget, God led to remember each image, to fixate on it. Then I prayed specifically for her, whose name I did not know, but whom God did. I prayed that she would cry out to him and that he would answer her so loudly and supernaturally that it would rock her world to the core. I prayed that she would ask for forgiveness, and be healed, and restored, and live the rest of her life to the glory of Christ.

And as I did, I pictured her naked body being clothed in white robes of righteousness. And those are the images that come to my mind right now.

I wondered if I was the only person in the world praying for each woman. I bet I was. And you know what? I no longer felt nauseated, I felt honored. I actually thanked God for allowing me to stumble across them.

Weird. What a weird and wonderful Lord.
To him be the glory.


Click to Musings of a Housewife for more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...