Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring, the lazy mom is snoring

Y'all might have heard we got a ton of rain all night and all day. I got a call at 6:30am from Shepherd's teacher telling me that school was canceled while the thunder rolled across Houston. And rolled. And rolled.

Dear God, thank you for the rain, that lasted all day. And dear God, thank you just as much for the cartoons, that I parked my children in front of for the duration of the rain, that lasted all day.

Sometime this afternoon one of my children actually muttered, "I'm sick of watching TV" and wandered away to do something creative like paint or something. At which point I rolled over, aimed, and fired up an old Oprah.

The topic was "Moms' Guilty Secrets."

So here's mine, Oprah:
Today, while the rain spattered on my window panes, I dozed on the couch while my kids watched about five times the APA's recommended amount of TV viewing for preschoolers.

And it was heavenly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...