Friday, April 24, 2009

What happens in Vegas...doesn't stay in Vegas

Walker returned from Vegas last night, which incidentally is his least favorite city on the planet. He hates it. Once he came home from a trip there, and I was pregnant, and when I opened his suitcase the smell of sin cigarette smoke came out of there like a cloud of death and I immediately turned around and puked in the sink.

I would worry about offending my contingent of Vegas readers but you know what? In all my blogging days I don't think I have ever seen Las Vegas, NV show up on ye olde sitemeter. So I am plodding along without trepidation.

Anyway, Walker's flight from Sin City landed Thursday at midnight, and if that weren't bad enough, his truck had a flat and he had to take a cab home. But wait, there's more.

He arrived with an issue, you might say. It involves his ear. It's BIG. I mean, point and stare big. And red. And swollen.


I am pretty sure had his flight been delayed, he could flown home all by himself. Well, maybe a little lopsided.

The doctor gave him steroids and antibiotics and if it gets "worse" to go to the ER. Worse?? Define worse please?

He also said it was very serious, and if the infection got into the cartilage, well. This may be Walker's permanent new look.


And I am a very bad wife because when he told me that, I had to stifle a giggle. Okay, I am giggling again now. It's not funny, it's not funny...

Meanwhile his mom is calling every twenty minutes with the latest dire diagnosis she has gleaned from Dr. Google and we're keeping ear watch while drinking Chardonnay and ordering more Thai delivery. And watching the missed Office, thanks to all you Hulu advisers!!

Then we'll watch some more cable TV. Retrieved conveniently via the satellite dish attached to the right side of my husband's head.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...