Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fortunately, he is very secure in his masculinity



This morning we arrived at VBS and my magical automatic doors opened to reveal that one of my mommy nightmares (seriously, I have had real nightmares) had come to pass.

Ikey was barefoot.

I had forgotten his shoes.

And we were thirty minutes from home.

And already late.

I knew that it wouldn't be a big deal for his little feet to go commando in his classroom, but on the playground? Toddler crisis in the church parking lot!!

Usually there are extra shoes living among the trampled art projects, putrid sippy cups and petrified french fries on the floor of my momivan. I surveyed the wondrous mess and sure enough, the Lord blessed us. I spied not just one, but two shoes.

Two adorable pink plaid ballet slippers that Maggie had worn to church on Sunday.



A momma's gotta do what a momma's gotta do.

If only I had an extra hairbow to match...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...