Sunday, September 6, 2009

liturgy

Jesus, Lord of life and glory,
bend from heav'n your gracious ear,
while we wait for you, adoring,
Friend of helpless sinners, hear!
By your mercy O deliver us, good Lord!
From the depth of nature's blindness,
from the hard'ning pow'r of sin,
from all malice and unkindness,
from the pride that lurks within,
By your mercy O deliver us, good Lord!

Subdue us in heart, mind and will for your purposes and restore to us the joy of your salvation. For only when you reign supreme within us will our hearts be genuinely free to enjoy the wonder of the life you have given us in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I confess that I am the worst mother in the world. I confess that I failed yesterday - again. I confess that I am a terrible sinful mother. I confess that I am unworthy to raise the children you have entrusted to me.

There he made, by his once offering up of himself, a full, perfect and sufficient sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. Through him you have freed us of the slavery of sin.

If you were the perfect mother, there would be no need for the cross. If you did not sin against your children, against me, there would be no need for the cross. I died for that very sin.

Lord, how much more humble do I need to get? There is so little humility left in me. Is it still too much? Must I fail at parenting over and over and over again until the tiniest ounce of pride is gone?

Yes.

Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word, and I will be healed.

While Jesus was in one of the towns, a man came along who was covered with leprosy.When he saw Jesus, he fell with his face to the ground and begged him, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"

But I am not healed. I will leave this place today and I will go back home and I will sin again and again and again.

And you will return to me, and I will hear you, and you will receive communion, and you will be healed again.

Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.

The gifts of God for the people of God.
The body of Christ, broken for you, the blood of Christ, poured out for you.
Amen.


Amen.


When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...