Monday, November 2, 2009

Next we'll crank up the air conditioner and light up the fireplace

This morning Shep woke up and requested pancakes for breakfast. And because since daylight savings time we actually are waking up in plenty of stinking time to make a real "brestfast" as my kids all call it, I decided to indulge him.

And I decided in my pre-coffee haze that pumpkin pancakes would be a fantastic way to kick off Fall.

And if you just said, "Kick off Fall? What? It's been Fall for a month now!" then obviously you must live near Kelly, not in live Houston, where God blessed us with different seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Oh My Skull It's Christmas And It's 85 Degrees Outside.

But the calendar does say Fall, so I'm feeling pumpkin-y. I am not a pancake person (I know, I know, how unAmerican of me) but I LOVE these:

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

2 c. Bisquick
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 c. milk (use more if the batter's too thick)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 large spoon Karo
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 t. salt

Enjoy the masquerade!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...