Monday, January 25, 2010

OH, HAPPY DAY!!!!



Here in the Naptime Abode, caffeine is treated with honor and reverance. And as I have mentioned before, I live for the holidays when my Coffee-Mate Peppermint Mocha makes its annual appearance, heralding the birth of the Christ child.

Then, as if my post-Christmas depression weren't deep enough, it just disappears.

A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to Nestle. It went a little something like this:

Dear Nestle,

I plan on writing my congresswoman and letting her know that I have found the solution to combating terrorism in our country. When the terrorists are captured, we should give them Peppermint Mocha Coffee-Mate with their coffee every morning for a month. Then, it should be abruptly removed.

The terrorists will then say ANYTHING to have their Peppermint Mocha returned to them. All the evil plans of Osama bin Ladin will be FOILED!! FOILED!!


On a more serious note, why, oh why do you torture me, a patriotic American, by not selling Peppermint Mocha Coffee-Mate all year round?


Sincerely,

Melissa Naptime

Concerned Citizen


Several days later I received a very formal email from Beverly Watson, Consumer Response Representative at Nestle. She informed me that an addendum to the Geneva Convention had determined that Peppermint Mocha must indeed be sold year round. Okay, not really, her email was actually disappointingly boring but she did say that it was now sold year round and I should contact my local store manager.

Bev also assured me that "at Nestle we are dedicated to you and your family throughout every phase of your lives" so I am going to email her later on today and see if she can babysit Saturday night.

Last week while on fortnightly pilgrimage to Kroger I was prepared to whine and beg and plead with my dealer Kroger manager, whatever it took for him to hook me up.

But first I went to my non-dairy case and LO AND BEHOLD, there was Peppermint Mocha!!! Three weeks after Christmas!!!

It's V-Day for Momma!!

I was very glad that my children were with me when I did the hoop and the holler right there in the non-dairy aisle so that I didn't look weird. I mean, I did look weird, but it would have been weirder if I had been all alone at the time.

Praise the Lord and pass the Peppermint Mocha!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...