Sunday, May 16, 2010

Seeking approval

Yesterday some 'friends' wrote some very, very nasty things to me regarding our motives for adoption. I have not been so insulted in a very long time.

I barely know these people who felt the need to be so ugly to us, they were 'friends' of Walker's. He's very hurt. I'm just angry. But it cast a pall over my day today. I didn't realize how much until a friend just posted something funny on facebook that made me laugh out loud, and I realized it was the first time today I have laughed. (Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of funny friends.)

I've always been a 'justice person.' My fellow justice people - you know how hard it is to be us. When we see injustice, it keeps us awake at night. When we are unjustly accused, it takes all that we are to not confront the person with a ten bullet point list detailing exactly why they are mistaken, including links and suggestions for further reading.

But I am not going to do that. I might ponder a fantasy rebuttal, but even that would be a waste of my time.

Instead, I am bringing to mind all the precious ones who have supported and prayed for us and our daughter throughout this journey, and focusing on The Only One whose opinion of me matters.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God?
Or am I trying to please men?
If I were still trying to please men,
I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galations 1:10

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...