Monday, October 25, 2010

Cause maybe someone else needed this today

So, I'm doing my BSF homework, which is a little bit of a miracle in and of itself. I did it this morning, after treating myself to a Starbucks, because I had a sneaking suspicion that the sense of frenzy that I have been feeling for the entire month of October and the raging fight that Walker and I had last night could, just maybe, be completely correlated to the dust accumulating on my bible.

And the resulting dust accumulating on my soul.

We are studying Isaiah 9 and the homework question asked us to explain in our own words the meanings of the names given for Christ in Isaiah 9:6: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Some big names going on there.

I fixated on Prince of Peace and answered the question by listing what the Prince of Peace is not.


The Lord is not:

the prince of discord
the prince of anxiety
the prince of confusion
the prince of chaos
the prince of despair
the prince of fear
the prince of worry
the prince of bitterness

All of those things have been hanging over us lately. So I have to wonder, just which prince are we allowing to reign over us?

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.  Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...