Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Christmas gift to you

I'm going to sign off on the blog until - inhale exhale - 2011. There, I said it. Unless, of course, something truly phenomenal and blogworthy happens. Barring phenomenal blogworthiness, I shall see you in the new year when Maggie Week will continue. Which will make it more like Maggie Three Weeks. Which is okay because it's my blog and I make the rules. Or break the rules. Whatever.

But I must leave you with my Greatest Find of December 2010. Last week I went to a cookie swap - can I just say I want to give a very tight hug around the neck to whoever invented the cookie swap? This terrible baker SCORED and I hereby apologize to the other ladies who definitely got the short end of the stick because despite my attempts at Betty Crockerdom my cookies were so very mediocre, as they always are, because I am a cook, not a baker. And I'm over it. Mostly. Anyway. The hostess served this at the cookie swap and I have to say that it was one of the most delicious concoctions to ever cross my lips and go straight to my hips. I halved the recipe and served it at Maggie's birthday party yesterday and I am using the leftover in my coffee. You need to give yourself a Christmas gift and make this for Christmas.

SANTA’S EGGNOG

1 gallon of peppermint ice cream, softened
1 quart eggnog
1 quart of Club Soda or Sprite, chilled

That's it y'all. JUST THREE INGREDIENTS TO GLORY.

Then if you want to be really fancy, you crush up some candy canes, and dip the rim of the cup in cream then candy cane, like margarita salt.

You're welcome.

Merry Christmas.

It's 3am.

I am insane.

Good night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...