Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beautiful Day

We are in the process of selling Walker's truck. It's in great shape, very low mileage, so we've got three guys vying for it. By lunch today, I expected to kiss it goodbye and kiss a stack of cash hello.

This morning when I walked outside to take the kids to school, I was stunned at how beautiful the morning was. Chilly, in the 50s, but with bright bright sunshine. The type of day that makes me love living in Houston.

Walker had driven my van last and left a CD playing. As I backed out of my driveway, U2 poured over me and the kids.

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

Then, on my street, I saw this



You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you



Called one of the hundreds of mobile glass guys. One will be here in 40 minutes. He'll make it look good as new for just $100.

And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out
It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...