Saturday, April 9, 2011

A vision of my father

Last week, we were at our favorite restaurant and while we were waiting for a table, I was blessed to grab my iPhone and snap this photo of my husband and our first daughter.


I think it may be one of my favorite pictures ever taken.

Obviously I love it because it portrays two of the people I love most in this world, and it captures them perfectly.


But it illustrates much more to me than that. Because although I love my father, and believe he may have done the best that he knew how, I have no photos of him holding me like this. Nor have I any memories of him holding me like this.

The photo reminds me of grace, of broken cycles, of redemption, of a Christ who makes all things new. 

But mostly I love this photo because I know - I know - that even if I never had an earthly father to who looked at my this way as he led me in a crazy dance, I have a Heavenly Father who still does.


And the look of joy on my daughter's face reminds me of the joy that I feel when I gaze into His.



See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 
And that is what we are! 
1 John 3:1

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...