Monday, May 2, 2011

31 One Days Closer to a new home - day 2: How I fell in Love




Missy

I didn't get as much done today as I anticipated. My goal was to tackle the c word - CLUTTER - but a friend came over rather impromptu and we sat on the couch (a red couch, keep that in mind for later) and discussed adoption for a couple of hours. Now girltalk is my favorite hobby so I am not sad I did it, my de-c-wording took a hit.

OH - and today was the first day of the rest of my life as a Swim Team Mom. I have avoided swim team for as long as I could, because Hello! daily practice and Hello Hello! meets every Saturday. But we've taken the plunge, HAHAHHAHAHA get it. (Remember the Nestea commercials where the guy falls into the pool?) (FOCUS MISSY) Anyway, I am only insisting that my kids do two things: learn to swim properly and learn the play piano. Aside from that, they can be losers. But with God as my witness, they will be winners at swimming and reading music.

So while I am still drowning in clutter (you think I jest, I'll post pictures) I DID accomplish two missions. Here's proof:



My husband is standing in an empty place.

BECAUSE I SOLD MY DINING TABLE ON CRAIG'S LIST. Whoo hooo!!

The ad went a little something like this:

Antique deco drop leaf table - $125




This table was, at one point in it's life, just absolutely gorgeous.

And then I had kids.

And if you've ever wondered how much damage 4 kids, some spilt milk (cried over it) and some Crayola markers can do to a gorgeous piece of furniture, I'm here to testify. A lot.

It is deco, the thing is huge, it's 4'2 x 3'2, the leaves add an extra 39 inches.

It has an diamond pattern on the top of inlaid wood. Then the diamond pattern is repeated in the base. There is a brass rod that runs across the bottom.

I have never seen anything this unique since I bought it. It's just beautiful, but it is gonna need some major TLC to restore it to it's former glory and therefore (exhale) I'm only asking $125 for it. Or (exhale again) best offer.

Dang kids.



Since Craig's List photos look like they were taken by a drunk monkey, I'm happy to email or text you better ones.



I got $60 for it.
Exhale.

But it's gone. And as the sucker guy who bought it and Walker carried it out, I got pretty welly, because this table has memories.

Back in the day I used to have a very fancy sit down dinner every Christmas. I made ossobucco at this one. Ossobucco is Italian for expensive and incredibly time consuming but oh sweet veal shank it's worth it.


I think I'll make that again this Christmas. 
bahahahahahahhahahah!!! as if.

But look, who's that cute young man in the black shirt on the left?
If you guessed my boyfriend, you'd be mistaken. My boyfriend was the the guy on his right in the white shirt. There's probably loads of symbolism what with the black shirt/white shirt there but I'm gonna let it pass.

The main reason this table is so special to me is because it is where I fell in love with Walker.

Well, as Walker pointed out awkwardly as the guy was determining if he should buy it, not ON it, but you know, sitting at it. Ahem.

About three months after the ossobucco, I was still dating white shirt but starting to have some serious doubts that he was Mr. Missy. Unbeknownst to me, Black Shirt, aka, my best guy friend/my buddy/my pal was starting to have serious thoughts that he actually might be Mr. Missy.

Never trust the best friend, y'all.

Black Shirt and I were Bible Study Fellowship leaders together (in a singles co-ed group) and one week we had to have two lessons done for our Monday night leaders' meeting. On Sunday, I got a phone call - it was Black Shirt. He asked if I had done my lessons, and I said I'd done one and was going to do the other one that night. Then he said, "I'm going to Starbucks to do the other one - then I'm coming over to your house, and we'll copy." I said okay.

Now, you BSF ladies out there, pick yourselves up off the floor. {Can someone please get her a defibrillator?} Yes, we cheated on our BSF homework. And we were leaders. But Jesus' blood covers even THAT sin, right? Right??

So, he came over. Since it was Easter time, and since I was a PreKindergarten teacher, I wore bunny ears at all times. The purple bunny ears were lying on my kitchen table.

Black Shirt sat down at my table with the contraband BSF notes. He took one look at the bunny ears, and did what any normal person would do - he put them on his head and proceeded to cheat at bible study.

And instantly, it was like Cupid shot an arrow PINGGGGGGGGGG right to my heart. I fell in love with him RIGHT THERE. Right on my kitchen table. I mean, not on it, but you know, sitting at it. Ahem.

Problem was, well, White Shirt.

Which brings us to the red couch.

Which I'll tell you about tomorrow.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...