Friday, July 1, 2011

Whatcha readin?

So what is on your summer reading list?





Your God is Too Safe has been rocking my world in a huge way. It's one of those books where I am not even underlining while I read, or else I would be underlining the entire thing. It's deep, so rich, but very easy to read.

I'm in the refiner's fire now, and I know for sure that God sent this book straight to me for this season of my life - especially since I cannot even remember when or where I got it. It just kinda showed up on my nightstand.







I am also trying to get through Dallas Willard's The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life In God  - again. I love this book so much. Problem is, it makes my head spin, so I can only read it when I am not too tired, which is, um, rarely.

I think I started this book about 10-12 years ago. It's fun to me to see the points I scribbled and circled and put exclamation points next to then - because the things that are blowing my mind now are completely different than back then. It's like I've had some life changes or something - ?








I was never a huge GW fan, I was just neutral. For those of us in Texas, he always just seemed like someone your dad would go golfing with, or in the case of my dad, running with.  But after reading this book, I have actually - Walker is fully aware of this - developed a little bit of a crush on ole GW.

It's a fascinating to get to see the behind-the-scenes of a presidency. And he gives the gospel in a no-holds-barred way, which only makes me more enamored. Tee hee hee hee blush blush.






Walker and I are also watching some awesome TV of late so I will include that. The other night we watched Inception - WOW. I am so glad I had a remote control with a pause button for all the "WHAT?! HUH?! Walker heeelllp I'm so confuuuuused" moments. But it was super fun and you know what, that movie is almost rated PG - no boobage, mild old-fashioned violence, negligible cussing. My kids probably could have watched it. And they probably would have been able to explain it to me because Momma was dizzy.

We are also watching the Sherlock and loving it. Dry British humor ranks up there. And Walker is now beckoning me to come watch another episode of The Pillars of the Earth which is also great. Have y'all read that? It's about the building of a cathedral in the Dark Ages. He's is reading the book on his beloved Kindle but I have committment issues when it comes to 1008 page novels.

So what about y'all?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...