Monday, January 16, 2012

Juice Fasting - no sissies need apply

About a month ago, upon the reccomendation of a friend, Walker and I watched a documentary on Netflix Instant called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.

Here's a trailer:



Now, I know that the title doesn't sound like the most uplifting movie in the world. But it is a really great movie, very funny, and very encouraging.

Note the word encouraging. 

The whole time we're watching this movie I'm thinking, "Oh my gosh! I want to do this! Oh my gosh! I so want to do this!" because I am kinda like a hyper Yorkie puppy when it comes to cool new things. "When can we try it? (pant pant) Where do I sign up? (lick lick) SQUIRREL??"

I was a little shocked and oh-so-excited when the much more recalcitrant Walker turned to me at the conclusion of the movie and said, "Wow. Let's do it."

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately ordered a juicer and it sat waiting for us. We needed to get through Christmas, get through surgery, and then get through our supper club on the 14th.

Sunday after church, I googled some recipes and went to the store and stocked up on all manner of roughage and we ordered a last hurrah of Chinese food.


Monday morning we took it out of the box, figured out how to set up the contraption, threw in some grapefruit, oranges, and spinach...




And we're off on a ten day juice fast.

And of course, I'll be journaling it right here for your enjoyment, fascination or ridicule.

Bottoms up!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...