Monday, March 26, 2012

My Kid Rocks Monday



THREE YEARS AGO (jeez louise) I did a post on bragging about your kids. The idea behind it was that we spend enough time complaining or worrying about our kids' faults, and not enough time celebrating their accomplishments.

Or at least I do. I don't want to be the mom who always talks about her perfect kid. In fact I realized once that I was so paranoid of being That Mom that I had gone the other way, and often talked about their faults - just so you'd know for sure and certain that I wasn't That Mom.

I have learned that as the kids get older, the faults get bigger. There are some days where I feel like all I do is gripe and correct. I bet you feel exactly the same.

It's easy to skim over the great things they do because immediately afterwards they say something smart alec or 'forget' their homework or eat food on the couch again. 

But if we don't brag about our kids, then who will?

So I think it would be a great idea to do this as a regular Monday thing. Let's brag about our kids. You can be as brief or as verbose as your momma's heart and time allows.

I'll go first.




My first grader, Eva Rose, started the third Harry Potter book yesterday and today she was on page 167. 

Your turn!
Either leave a comment or link up.

Brag on momma!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...