Monday, September 24, 2012

A word for my daughters

Precious ones, before you were created in my womb, the Father knew you





He numbers every hair on your heads




Before you can think a thought, he knows it




He loves you with an everlasting love





He answers the cries of your heart


He rejoices over you with gladness, he quiets you with His love,



He takes great delight in you




He chose you before the foundations of the world were laid to be His children




and as His daughters of the Most High King,



you are His princesses, a royal priesthood




You were lovingly sought out, pursued, purchased with a price




He gave His very life for you



The Lord desires for your life to be a reflection of His glory, and He has prepared good works in advance for you to do




and if one of those works is marriage, He longs for it be an earthly representative of His love for His bride, the Church




with special, chosen men who will seek you, pursue you, honor you, and love you



 with the same fierce, everlasting devotion that your Father has for you, the apples of His eye 



And this is why, dear daughters

if we ever catch you saying these words to a boy


Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me, maybe
All the other boys try and chase me, but here's my number, so call me maybe 




we will buy you matching chastity belts


and lock you in the attic


until you are thirty.




Amen.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...