Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days for Dummies Day 12

Oh yeah, I was supposed to do this every day. Oops.

Here is what greeted me just now when I returned from dropping off kids


If you smush pretzels, they will come

I'm not a big critter person. There, I said it. But as critters go, I happen to like frogs. Maybe it's Muppet indoctrination from my 70s youth. I think it's because a frog never hurt anyone. Who do you know that's ever complained of a frog bite? Only a mosquito, and that's just more reason to love them.

I also love them because they are so stinkin aloof. Froggy don't care about your personal problems. You could get attacked by flying monkeys right in front of Froggy, he wouldn't bat an eye. Froggy say get over it. 

Ike has this book that he loves for me to read to him. It shows cute little bugs and butterflies and dragonflies all bucolic like by a pond and then this frog sticks out it's long tongue and SLIP SLAP SLURP gobbles up every one of them. But wait, nature gets her revenge, because soon cute fat froggy is 86ed by an alligator.

It's basically a primer on psychopathy for kids. Ike laughs and laughs and laughs.

Which pretty much explains what I witnessed this morning:

Eva Rose: Aw! Look at this little snail crawling on the sidewalk! It's so cute!
Ike: Hi snail. {CRUNCH} Bye snail. 

Ikey don't care about your personal problems.  Ikey say get over it.






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...