Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days for Dummies

INSERT CUTE 

31 DAYS

BUTTON HERE



I know y'all want part 2 of the referral post, I'll get that to you soon, I promise. But Walker has been out of town for a week which means I stay up too late which means my house falls apart and now I have a kid with 102 fever who keeps threatening to throw up and my friend Jenny is in town and just asked me if I wanted to meet for lunch. So just gimme just a minute.

(I realized those last two statements might sound incongruous. Walker works from home. So Missy can go to lunch.)

Till then, y'all may have noticed that the blogosphere is all caught up in this 31 Days thing. I asked on my facebook wall if I should participate and if so, on what topic? None of the suggestions seemed doable to me. Then my friend Beth told me, "You don't blog about the same stuff every day, that's why I like your blog" and I was like, okay, there ya go. Plus, I'm for real just too ADD to blog about the same thing for a whole month.

I should probably subscribe to 31 Days of Follow Through.

The other 31 days people are like, 31 Days to Fear Free Mothering and  31 Days to Slow Down and Savour and 31 Days or Sacrificial Living and Giving. In other words, they got all deep and stuff.

Y'all. My deep moments come - and then promptly leave. I can't be deep for 31 days straight! Gah!

So I canned the idea.

But this morning, I had an epiphany!

I have taken pix of my kids for the past couple of days because I got out all their Halloween outfits. Yes, I said ALL their Halloween outfits. Because in my house, we dress the part for a month. I just feel like it is the earthly duty of Dollahon children (mostly the girls) to announce every day, "DID YOU REALIZE A HOLIDAY IS UPON US? IF NOT, MY SHIRT/SPARKLY TUTU/DECORATED SOCKS/VARIETY OF HOLIDAY THEMED HAIRBOWS WILL ENSURE THAT YOU DO NOT FORGET."

The Lord has blessed all of us with different spiritual gifts. This is mine.

So since I am already snapping pictures, I thought, voila. 31 Days of Dorked Out Halloween Dressing? Maybe. How about 31 Days of Mornings! Snap a photo, gussy it up in Picasa, slap it on the blog. This, I can handle! And most of the photos will be of my kids and that will make my mom very happy.


I missed days 1 and 2 but I got yesterday:





And today




31 Days for Dummies, y'all. I got it covered.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...