Saturday, November 24, 2012

We're off!!



This is the first time I've ever blogged from my iPhone - we'll see how this goes.

We had an awesome time at the beach. Perfect de-stresser before we left.

So, now we're here in the airport. When Jessica was in Addis Ababa last week she had access to both blogger and Facebook, so I think I should be able to update y'all when I'm there. Definitely check in with my Facebook page for lots of pictures - click the f button up over there on the right. I will probably use Facebook as my primary means of sharing.

Just announced our flight is delayed. Shoot.

Anybody wanna pray?

Please pray for Bethie's heart to sense the love we have for her. We will only get to spend one hour with her on three days. The first time we see her will be Monday morning (Monday afternoon Texas time.) Please pray that we would be able to begin a connection with her even during that short time.

Pray that the four of us have a good time together. Pray that I enjoy this time with my Shep and Eva Rose who are gonna be stretched way beyond their normal whine zone. Momma will need patience. Pray that I am Jesus to them vs mean jetlagged mom. Gonna practice all those connecting-with-kids-when-they're-difficult skills I've been learning in my attachment studies!

Pray that our MOWA letter is issued before we go to court. If we don't have it, the adoption won't be finalized on Friday. It's just a technicality, but it would be nice. Plus I can't show you pictures until we officially pass :)

Pray for Ike and Maggie and my mom-in-law Penny and mom Frieda. Leaving Ike whimpering this morning tore my heart out.

Those are my top concerns.

Ok, y'all, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

Next stop Addis Ababa!!




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...