Monday, November 19, 2012

Yo, Jesus



Let's discuss Breaking Bad.

If you don't watch this, I'm so sorry. Just bear with me. It's just that I understand the addiction of meth now, because this show has to be equally addictive.

One of our favorite parts is Jesse Pinkman's t-shirts. We are about halfway through Season 4 and last night he wore one with a big pink cross on it and it occurred to me that Jesse, a meth cook and junkie, dresses an awful lot like a lot of worship pastors I know.


Just give him a guitar and this is his edgy Christian album cover.

Is this Derek Webb

screencrush.com

Look, this shirt even has a cross on it, sorta. He is so rocking the youth-pastor-on-meth look.

Photo Rolling Stone

His tattoos work too, because y'all might not have known this, but in order to pastor a church in Austin, it is a city ordinance that you have to have tattoos. The more the holier. 
 
Okay, now I'll quit alienating half my audience like (tatted) pastors do when they make a sports reference in a sermon.

GO PACK, MISSY


13 comments:

  1. he may have a complete lack of taste in women, will one day soon have no teeth, and bad skin. But my, he has some purty eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this show really good?! And oh, my word- that's funny because we have several youth pastors that have the edgy look around here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's REAL good. It's REAL R-rated. But it is our nightly date after the kids are in bed.

      Delete
    2. By R rated I mean, very violent - but not every episode, like every 5th episode. Bad language. Only one scene with boobies that I would easily fast forward thru. Mainly R rated for the content. Meth production is not fairies and unicorns, that's for sure.

      Delete
    3. Ha! I guess it wouldn't be would it? Maybe we'll check it out- my husband can watch anything- me not so much. He calls me Grandma.

      Delete
  3. I take that back- some of the edgy looking youth pastors around Atlanta have more of the hipster thing going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hipsters! Can hipsters have tattoos? I know facial hair is a requirement.

      GO PACK, MISSY!

      Delete
    2. Haven't even packed today - been doing immigration paperwork all morning. So detailed and stressful. Sign here, but don't date it. Fill our boxes 1-9 but don't do #8. UGH

      Delete
    3. At least the forms are in English!? And at least Bethie doesn't have to fill out any forms.

      Just think how one day this will be so far behind you. Hooray for that!

      Bummer about the packing but you will get it done. Somehow it always gets done.

      Delete
  4. We just started season 4 and WOW! It's so good!! Jesse is my favorite character. After Jane died, I wasn't sure I wanted to keep watching. It freaked me out!! But I'm so glad we stuck with it. It's one of our all time favs!!

    P.S. one of our ALL time favorite shows is The Wire. I think season 2 is the best. You won't be disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch the show but this made me laugh out loud so hard. "Is this Derek Webb?" hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with this show too. When I finished season 4, I freaked out because I would have to wait until June to watch season 5... Then a friend of mine shared a little secret with me... You can watch season 5 on zzstream.org! Oh and Jesse Pinkman is my favorite too! Walt hangs out in his whitey tighties too much! Love your blog, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get that link to open...but you can get Season 5 on Amazon. You have to pay for it, but it's not expensive.

      Delete

Comments are my love language. Let's be friends!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...