Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Diary of a Lumpy Mom: The Lyn-Genet Plan Day 3 - Who's your daddy?





DAY 3: - The test was positive  

Weigh in: 141

  • Okay, I'm converted! I'm drinking the Lyn-Genet Aid! Lost another pound and did not feel at all hungry yesterday! And I feel great!
  • Since I lost weight after a test, I guess I am not reactive to almonds - YEA! 
  • I am really scared to see what I am reactive to. If it is tomatoes, stinky cheese, and wine, my life will no longer have any meaning. 
  • Had my one little cup of coffee today. Am actually loving and craving the lemon water no ice with a straw please. I bought some Red Zinger tea yesterday because that's allowed, but don't even want it. I'm gonna be one of those annoying skinny chicks who walks around in yoga pants drinking water all the time! Yippee!
  • Made the flax seed granola - oh, I am so addicted. It's really good, y'all. I was a skeptic but I've seen the light. The Flax Seed Light.

    All the recipes from the book are here, but here's what you do:
    1. Buy whole, not ground, flax seeds. Had to get these from the bin at HEB.
    2. Soak them in half as much water overnight.
    3. In the morning they will be like a soft brick. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and bake at 275 for 20 minutes, stir, 20 minutes more, stir, 10 min more, they will get crunchy. Add stuff (I added cinnamon, raisins and coconut flakes) and bake 10 more minutes.
    4. Eat with blueberries. 

    The flaxseed 'brick' after soaking overnight

    The only downside is that you will be picking little flaxseeds out of your mouth for a while. So worth it feeling like Big Bird for the rest of the morning. I doubled this recipe. It's hard to only eat one cup! 
    Finished granola. Yum! 

    Flax seed is good for you when it is soaked, because the mucilage is released, aka, flax seed snot, which does a little colon sweep for ya. When I posted this recipe facebook, a friend of mine shared that in Ethiopia, the women use the flax seed snot as hair gel.
    And that's your fascinating but useless bit o'knowledge for the day. 
    You're so welcome.




  • Even though I stayed up way too late last night, I feel GOOD. Energized. Happy. Skinny :)
  • Lunch: Spicy Vegetarian Soup with kale, zucchini, carrots, broccoli, garlic, cinnamon, and a can of those high dollar chick peas. I also made the Spicy Coco Sauce to go with it. Lyn-Genet says that someone told her they would eat kitty litter if it had that sauce on it. I wouldn't go that far but I might eat liver. Maybe. Tastes very Thai, and Thai is - I was gonna say bueno, but that's ethnically incompatible. Whatever. It's dang bueno. But the soup? Deep sigh. Not yummy. Maybe it is because I have such a divine affection for soup? It was...edible.
  • Within an hour of eating lunch, I was cleaning up the kitchen, I thought, "Wow, I feel bloaty. I've lost that skinny tight svelte lovin feeling."

    Then I looked down.

    AND I WAS FIVE MONTHS PREGNANT.
    except for my boobs.


    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Such happy news!
    Too bad Walker was out of town and missed the joyful surprise!

    Because, boy, would he be surprised.


    "I thought my baby sister was coming from Africa!" Maggie cried. 
    Eva Rose captured this precious maternity photo.

     

    I gaze in amazement at the miracle within, 
    while Maggie's innocent face depicts a sobering portrait of confusion, and revulsion.

    Okay so WHAT the WHAT?? I looked back over the menu for breakfast and lunch....the only thing I had tried new was the spicy coco sauce? But I had had coconut in my granola too and did fine. What about the soup - GASP! Chickpeas! Expensive organic chickpeas!!

    ARE CHICKPEAS MY BABY DADDY?!?!?!

    Y'all, I LOVE my chickpeas. The big ole Costco Sabra hummus tub with some carrots or celery is my lazy lunch several times a week. I sprinkle them on salads. I put them in soups. Chickpeas are my FRIENDS!

    Plus the whole point of these first three days is to eat a diet rich in non-reactive foods so that you can get your baseline, to test possible reactive foods later. Chickpeas are 90% of the population's friends, according to Lyn-Genet's Reactive Foods List! Chickpeas are the Miss Congeneality of the legume family! 

    I sent Lyn-Genet a message asking her to explain away this devastating unplanned pregnancy. 

    Her response: 
    Well sister, it sounds like chickpeas are NOT your friend {NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!} and they are the easiest to consume out of the whole bean/legume family. Hummus is even more reactive because of tahini. {NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!}  I would not repeat day 3 as this is a string indication that your body is saying NO to chickpeas {NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!}. You can retest in 2 wks. The interesting thing is if you eat a food too often you can easily build a food sensitivity to it. It sounds like this might be true of you and your hummus. If you retest negative again, I would wait to retest in 6 months. Then limit to once a week if you pass. It's when we have mild inflammatory day after mild inflammatory day that the body starts to weaken and health erodes. Great job listening to your body! Very proud of you. Hope you took a probiotic and you are using Renew Life 30 billion.

    Oh, my heart. My beloved chickpeas. It appears the beautiful relationship we had was....even more beautiful than I thought.

    My mom said, when I told her, "And you're actually shocked that you're in the rare 10%?"


    I'm sure she meant I'm just unique and original. I'm sure she didn't mean I'm a total legume reactive weirdo. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

    At least I get chicken tonight for dinner.
     

    Sniff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...