Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 2014!

One of my new year's resolutions was to blog more. Like, once a week even. It's two days into the second week already '14 so I had better get something on the page. Good thing I was just having some deep bloggable thoughts.

Such as:

Have you ever considered that Eve was tempted by a lizard?

In Genesis 3, while God is cursing Satan for, you know, aiding and abetting the world debut of sin and death and all, and he says to him:
Cursed are you above all livestock
    and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
    and you will eat dust
    all the days of your life.
If crawling on his belly was part of the curse, does that mean that the serpent had legs before?

And, maybe, arms?

Could it be then, that instead of the moment looking something like this

Eve Tempted by the Serpent, by William Blake

 the evil instigator behind the Fall of Mankind actually looked more like this?



If so, well, that explains everything.










7 comments:

  1. Deep bloggable thoughts...and how!! So glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahhahahaahah! What's funny is. I just read a study about that very thing. Never thought of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought it was weird that Eve found herself talking to a serpent as if it were natural. Maybe she didn't know this wasn't ordinary because everything else was new too. Could animals talk in the Garden? I do not really think so. I also imagined that Eve may have said something to Adam. "Adam, there's this serpent talking to me; what do you think?" Adam keeps concentrating on training a vine and says, "Uh, huh; uh, huh."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my love language. Let's be friends!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...